Performing Arts: Theatre
The Bishop Gorman Gaels Theatre Guild produces performances throughout the year at the Jim3 House of Performing Arts and the Tim Poster Black Box. Yearly performances include:
- Fall Arts Festival (Click for Tickets) - A Celebration of One Acts including The Greatest Showman: A Mini Musical: Sept. 29, 30, and October 1 at 6pm; October 2 at 2pm.
- The Golden Gaels Annual Musical - The Secret Garden: Dec. 1, 2, 3 at 6pm; Dec. 4 at 2pm.
- The Winter Arts Extravaganza - The Winter Music Extravaganza: December 9 at 6pm. The Winter Acting Showcase: December 10 at 6pm.
- The Annual Musical - Fiddler on the Roof: February 17, 18 at 6pm; February 19 at 2pm; February 24, 25 at 6pm; February 26 at 2pm.
- The Spring Arts Spectacular - The Spring Acting Showcase: April 21 at 6pm; The Spring Music Spectacular: April 28 at 6pm.
In addition to performing on stage, students can participate in various aspects of theater such as directing, choreography, and technical theatre: lighting, video, sound, stagecraft, properties, hair and make-up, and costumes.
For more information visit the Gaels Theatre Guild website
or contact the Gaels Theatre Guild Box Office: phone: (702) 476-4175 or email: email@example.com
Performing Arts: Instrumental Music
The Bishop Gorman Music department includes several musical groups that appeal to students who play instruments at various skill levels:
- Guitar Ensemble
- String Orchestra
- Concert Band
- Symphony Orchestra
- Marching Band
- Jazz Ensemble
These ensembles perform at various events, concerts, and festivals throughout the school year. The Marching Band also performs at athletic events and assemblies.
The Bishop Gorman Visual Arts department includes several courses and activities for artists of various skill levels:
- Black and White Photography
- Digital Photography
- AP Studio Art
- AP Ceramics